A Ride for Hope

About a month ago my brain via God's direction said let's do something for missions / outreach and make it something challenging. I have been so blessed by God that anything that I undertake is nothing compared to what He has given me. However I want to give back in some way to those and for those that at this point in their lives cannot. So in about 20 seconds of reflection (obeying) I decided to take a bicycle ride from Damascus VA to Sullivans Island SC, Why not? Did I have any idea of any details nah not at the time so it has been fun putting it together. Much to do and a long way to go but we are advancing. Come join me on the journey.



But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3:15



We are in the process of implementing the Impact ACTION after school program for 4th 5th and 6th grades. Your donations will help in reaching and teaching these kids Attitude / Character / Teamwork / Integrity / Opportunity / and Naysayers.

If you feel lead to give please use the Donate button below.No gift is to small or too large. All are appreciated more than we can convey.
Thank You!!!!


Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your support. These kids are awesome and we could not do this without you. Thanks!!!!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Moncks Corner to Sullivans Island Last Leg

Saturday morning and the last leg of Creep.  It has been an amazing journey and have met so many interesting people.  God has been and always is awesome.  So many times over the course of this journey He has let me know who's in charge.  My wife met me in Moncks Corner so I did not have to pull my trailer the last leg.  The map had me for 49 miles flat (?) with no trailer this was going to be an easy one.  Forgot one small detail.  HOT again and the traffic once into Charleston area let's just say my nerves were a little frayed especially on 17 with road construction.  Again very little civilisation on the way since I went the back way.  Again great roads but Cordesville and Huger are not that large.  Coming into Mt Pleasant before the connector was fun (NOT)  Hwy 17 the only way to reach the connector and it was awful.  Road construction to boot.  The ride over the waterway to Isle of Palms was awesome.  As I topped the bridge, the sight of the ocean as well as the American Flag blowing straight out on the top of the bridge brought tears to my eyes.  I wish I could have gotten a pic but stopping on top would have been pushing my luck.  As I arrived on Sullivan's Island it was going back in time.  See Pic  Please be in prayer for Tim Etters (to my left) in the pic as he has been called to the mission field and is heading to Peru full time.  He is going deep into Peru.  Please be in prayer for he and his family as he undertakes this wonderful calling.  Blessings Tim. Upon arrival to the beach let's just say my emotions were high and the feelings were many.  Thank you to all who supported this adventure with your prayers and any donations that will go to spreading the gospel to a great many school children that need it greatly.  Most of all I would like to thank my wife for her love and support and God for the many blessings and protection along the way.  Until next time!


Self explanatory.  Beautiful Lve Oak roads.

Coming in to Wando closest call of the week.  Car squeezed
by me on the bridge with oncoming traffic.  Almost wrecked the
approaching cars.....so he/she could turn into a convience store
100 yds up the road.  I guess the cigarettes couldn't wait another 30 seconds.

Welcome sign not so much for Hwy 17 ahead

IOP into Sullivan's Island yahoo

Interesting sight coming on to Sullivan's.  Prayers go out to Tim
my left.  Tim heading to Peru for full time missions.  Blessings

A few more yards to go

Need my mountain bike

Sullivan's Island Lighthouse

BEACH !!!!

Let's turn around and go the other way?

No comments:

Post a Comment