A Ride for Hope

About a month ago my brain via God's direction said let's do something for missions / outreach and make it something challenging. I have been so blessed by God that anything that I undertake is nothing compared to what He has given me. However I want to give back in some way to those and for those that at this point in their lives cannot. So in about 20 seconds of reflection (obeying) I decided to take a bicycle ride from Damascus VA to Sullivans Island SC, Why not? Did I have any idea of any details nah not at the time so it has been fun putting it together. Much to do and a long way to go but we are advancing. Come join me on the journey.



But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3:15



We are in the process of implementing the Impact ACTION after school program for 4th 5th and 6th grades. Your donations will help in reaching and teaching these kids Attitude / Character / Teamwork / Integrity / Opportunity / and Naysayers.

If you feel lead to give please use the Donate button below.No gift is to small or too large. All are appreciated more than we can convey.
Thank You!!!!


Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your support. These kids are awesome and we could not do this without you. Thanks!!!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Boone to Hickory

What a beautiful day.  Thanks to the BCM at App St, couch was very comfortable.  I left later than expected as I had to go by a bike shop on the way out.  Stopped in Blowing Rock had a great conversation with Mr Butler.  His family settled Mnt City Tenn in 1792,  On the way out met and have prayer request going out for Phylis and Laura at The Blowing Rock.  On the way out of Blowing rock I was concerned and my wife major concerned of the first part of 321 with 2 lanes curvy and no shoulder.  Praying about that the night before.  And guess what, when I got to that part leaving what did I see but a road crew that had one lane blocked and was shuttling lines of cars up and down the mountain.  I followed the last car so basically from Blowing Rock to just about all the way down 321 I had The Whole Road to myself.  If I hadn't been towing about 50 lbs and the wind howling and me wearing my brakes out I may have enjoyed it.  It was still awesome.  Coming into Lenoir I stopped to get some tea and met some great ladies Marti and Lan.  Lan is from China and strong Christian, they open the restaurant every morning with prayer.  Awesome place so if you are heading throught that area stop at Hwy 90 right before leaving Lenoir on 321 and grab some grub.  You will see the pics below.  Blessings and heading out of Hickory in morning to Kings Mnt St Park to camp a little.
The steed outside Blowing Rock/ Hint 15 lb race bikes are not
the best for towing 50 lbs.  Just in case you are thinking about it

The steed having made it to Hickory

Awesome place.  Blessings to Lan and Marti.  Keep lifting Him up!


God's finger prints are all over.  Leaving the mountains :(

Heading into Blowing Rock
 for the most part I give the area an A-


Lan's Restaurant

Truck Emergency ramp which means I was hauling boogie

No comments:

Post a Comment